Search Posts

What should I do after I submitted my Form N-565, application for certificate replacement?

After you gathered the necessary documentation, paid the filing fee, and mailed all the documents with application to USCIS, you need to wait for several notifications. Here are they:

  • Notice of receipt

You will be notified by USCIS that they are processing your application. You will have one or two letters from USCIS: the receipt notice itself and, sometimes, the letter with instructions how to use a USCIS account, which was automatically created for you.

  • Biometrics interview

If USCIS considers that your application is incomplete, they will appoint an interview to get your fingerprints, signature, and photographs. You will have to pay an additional fee besides the filing fee ($555). The biometrics fee is $85, and you must pay this exact amount. Instructions how to pay will be mailed to your address. Note that you do not need to pay the biometrics fee beforehand: only pay for the biometrics services when USCIS explicitly asks you to do so.

  • Request for evidence

Not always the supporting documentation that your provide is enough for USCIS to approve your eligibility for certificate replacement. You may be requested to provide other documents to support your case. You can mail additional documents to USCIS mailbox, or you can upload them using your USCIS account.

  • Notice of decision

USCIS will mail you their decision concerning your application, which may be approved, rejected, or denied.

You will receive a rejection or denial letter if your application was not fully filled out. You should fully complete the application form (Form N-565) to make sure USCIS will not reject it.

If you paid more or less money for the processing your application, USCIS may also reject the application. You must pay the exact amount of $555 in the name of U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

In many cases USCIS may allow you to submit the application once more. For example, if you did not sign your application, USCIS will let you repair the issue and resubmit your application.

If USCIS approves your application, you only need to wait for a mail with your new Certificate of Citizenship or Certificate of Naturalization, whichever you requested by form n-565.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *